Tuesday 25 February 2014

Butternut Squash Chicken Mash Taken Up a Notch

Here's a recipe that I would definitely make again - with a couple of minor changes.  I found the original recipe for the Butternut Squash Chicken Mash on Pinterest from Paleo at Home.  I followed the recipe almost closely, except for using shredded kale and Brussels sprouts instead of spinach because that is what I had on hand.  And except for the "magic" I added which I think took the mash over the top (Paleo Grandad gave it four bacon strips). Next time, instead of cutting up and baking fresh butternut squash, I will use the organic frozen butternut squash I get at Save-On for $3.99 a bag - it is worth it to me to save time (and work).

The "magic" - which I think really added umami to the dish - is Melissa Joulwan's Magic Dust.  The recipe is in her Well Fed 2 cookbook. I love the dust and have been known to just eat a spoonful by itself once in awhile (don't knock it unless you have tried it).


No comments :

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF