Saturday 11 May 2013

Saturday morning - love it as I have time to cook a real Paleo breakfast.  Two eggs on top of sweet potatoes, brussels sprouts and chopped jalapeno is my favourite breakfast.  Paleo Grandad likes it too, but then he eats anything as long as he doesn't have to cook it.





Today is errand day so, after breakfast, off we went to return a container to Home Sense in Lansdowne Mall and to see if they had a large cast iron frying pan.  They didn't, but what they did have was some great vinegars and oils at a fraction of the price (50% difference on some of them) I would pay at a specialty shop or on-line.  So I stocked up - love the different vinegars for salad dressings and sauces.


We also found these treats that are almost Paleo-friendly.  The manufacturer (Laughing Giraffe Organics uses agave, which is not quite considered Paleo because of the process used in making it.  But they are pretty darn close and really tasty.  Even at Home Senses, they were still pretty pricey - $8.99, but I think I can duplicate them using honey or maple syrup instead.  I'll get back to you on that.


After a short stop at one of our local produce stores to get some plantains, it was home to relax and start dinner.  I had found a nice-sized acorn squash at the produce store so I decided to make meat sauce and serve it over the squash.  It was delicious and there is sauce leftover for lunches next week, and the flavours will have developed even more by then.








No comments :

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF