Sunday 28 April 2013

On Sunday afternoons I usually prepare food for the week ahead (even if it is just chopping vegetables), so when I arrive home in the early evening I don't have to think too much about what's for dinner (and Paleo Grandad is waiting for dinner).  As I have leftovers for lunches from this weekend's meals, I decided I was in a baking mood (which I think may happen too often, but what can you do?), I got out a couple of recipes I've baked before and and couple of new ones. Besides, my friend Barry helps me with the techy side of my blog in exchange for baking - and I owe him.

I usually present him with the full sugar, full fat baked goods, but I thought maybe I can keep him as my unofficial tech if he likes the Paleo baked goods as much as Paleo Grandad and I do - and its better for him (just thinking of your health, Barry).  One of my beautiful stepdaughters in England is also looking for some healthy muffins - so two birds with one stone.

If you grew up "mid-century" - isn't that a scary word for baby boomers! - and were used to having a dessert of some sort after every dinner, you might find (as Paleo Grandad and I do), that your body expects something sweet.  It is a tough thing to get over after 60+ years of desserts, but at least I have some healthier options available.  Here are some low-carb alternatives to freeze for when we absolutely need something sweet.  Believe me - it is much better than crossing the street for a Pecan Mudslide at the Dairy Queen (don't - your body won't thank you).

So, this is what I made this afternoon:

Paleo Morning Glory Muffins


Paleo Pumpkin Muffins


Need to mix the raisins in better next time.

Paleo Donuts


Paleo Dark Chocolate Cupcakes with Paleo Coconut Frosting


That may sound like a lot of baking, but most Paleo recipes don't have a lot of ingredients and mix up quickly.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF