Saturday 27 April 2013

Friday night dinner - always a challenge as it is the end of a work week and I want something tasty and that doesn't take too long to put together.

I had thawed some chicken legs and threw together a quick tequila lime marinade before I left for work, put it all together in a plastic zip bag and left it to marinate until I got home about 4:30 p.m.  I prepared the Kale Salad first (as the vinaigrette softens the kale and seems to make easier to digest), while pre-heating the oven.  The drained chicken legs went into the oven on a foil-covered baking sheet.


I already had a head of cooked cauliflower in the fridge and decided to try a recipe I had found on Pinterest (you can follow Paleo Granny there too!).  Unfortunately, even though I followed the directions as I understood them, the finished cauliflower did not look like the recipe picture - but it still tasted great.



Tequila Lime Chicken
I really enjoy Saturday and Sunday breakfasts because I have time to make a real Paleo breakfast.  When you eat Paleo (or Primal), you don't really think breakfast, lunch and dinner, instead think Meal 1, Meal 2, and Meal 3.  Food - just healthy nutritious food.

I get up earlier than PaleoGrandad, so I mixed up a Paleo Bread, as it is a bread kind of morning here in British Columbia - rain, rain, please go away.  I have been experimenting with different Paleo bread recipes and this is the one I like the best so far - I like the texture.



Unbaked Paleo Bread in two 7.5" x 3.5" pans

Once baked they look like this:


Paleo Multigrain Bread - Baked

And once it was on my plate with the rest of my breakfast, it looked like this.


Find the recipes under my Recipe Box tab
My favourite vegetable (OK, one of my favourite vegetables) are brussels sprouts and, yes, I eat them in the morning (Meal 1).  The bacon is smoked but preservative-free.  We took a walk the other evening and found D Sausage Haus in Steveston.  They carry this great bacon and a large selection of gluten-free and air-dried meats.  The bacon is not as salty and delicious.


1 comment :

  1. The bread looks amazing! Is it easy to make?

    ReplyDelete

Print Friendly and PDF