Sunday 21 April 2013

Home

If you are new to Paleo, there are many great (U.S.!) sites that can provide as much information as you need – I have provided some links you can check on the right hand side of this page.  In a nutshell, Paleo is short for Paleolithic.  This doesn't mean you have to hunt and gather your food the way our caveman ancestors did - we can use modern food production and make better choices. Paleo means you mostly eat foods that make you feel good.  
 

I recommend It Starts with Food by Dallas & Melissa Hartwig - lots of information and a plan for getting started. You can get it at Chapters in British Columbia.

The most common question I get asked since I started the Paleo lifestyle and am so “enthusiastic” about sharing how well I feel, is “…so what do you eat?”.  The answer is everything except processed foods, sugar, grains, dairy and legumes.

That doesn’t help?  OK - here is an example of what I would eat on a weekday:


Breakfast:               One minute flax muffin (originally taken from Tim Ferris's 4-Hour Body)
                                Black coffee


One-minute muffin


Mid-Morning
Snack:       Usually don’t need one but, if I do, I have a piece of nitrate-free beef jerky
                  (more on where to get nitrate-free beef jerky in a later post)

Lunch:     Leftovers from dinner the night before

Dinner:     Stir fry of protein (beef, chicken, pork, seafood or eggs)
                 Vegetables:  any and all except for white potatoes
                  Magic Mushroom Seasoning from Nomnompaleo.com
                  (adds great flavour and so easy)

In the nine months since I began eating this way, my body shape has changed and I have lost inches, a bloated stomach, stomach aches, eczema and lichen planus.  My mind is clearer, my memory and mood are way better and I have more energy.




No comments :

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF