Sunday 11 August 2013

Sunday morning breakfast, coconut blueberry pancakes and bacon
Let's talk about food - joke - what else do I talk about!  In Vancouver we have a restaurant called Romer's Burger Bar that I have been to a few times and I was reminded of it on Friday.  They have great burgers made of every type of meat you can think of. (They also have freshly made mini donuts with three dipping sauces, and truffle fries - but we won't talk about them.)  You can order whatever burger you want, with the fixings, in a small head of iceberg lettuce.  I had pastured ground beef in the defrost bowl at home and thought Friday night was a good night for hamburgers, so I stopped at my local vegetable stand to get the iceberg lettuce.  They had iceberg lettuce, but the heads were huge and they didn't look very appetizing, so I picked up some butter lettuce instead and here's the finished dish.
Added mustard, pickle and tomato - juicy but good.
My copy of Danielle Walker's new cookbook, Against All Grain, arrived on Friday - always a good day when I get a new Paleo cookbook.  I started out on Saturday morning with the Cinnamon-Raisin Coffee Cake.

Paleo Grandad thought it was great, but I thought it was too sweet (1/2 cup of raw honey).  I am going to make it again with half the honey and see how it turns out.

Next recipe I tried was the World-Famous Sandwich Bread, as I am always looking for a good Paleo bread that can be toasted - I miss toast.  This bread is moist and delicious but my version turned out a lot darker than the picture in the book, even though I followed the recipe to the letter.


A couple of weeks ago I paid $3.95 for the Primal Girl's Magical Multipurpose Paleo and Primal Dough Recipe but had not had a chance to try it yet.  I was in baking mood, so I tried this recipe too.  It is pretty cool - it might not look like your traditional bread rolls, but they are really good.  Paleo Grandad thinks they would make good slider buns.  Besides rolls, you can use the dough to make tortillas or pizza dough as well. In fact, the Primal Girl is looking for more recipe ideas for a cookbook.



No comments :

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF