Sunday 21 July 2013

Sunday mornings - my favourite day of the week, especially in the summer.  I get up at the usual time - 6:00 a.m. - and enjoy the quiet time as Paleo Grandad likes to sleep in.  I can try a recipe that takes more time then I have during the week.  this morning it was french toast made with Paleo bread and sausage.


A beautiful, sunny day in BC and the Steveston Farmer's Market is just a mile down the road, so we hopped on our bicycles (well, not really hopped, because we have to put on our safety vests and helmets, then we hop on) and off we went.  Lots of people with the same idea and more adults than kids on bikes - we weren't even the only baby boomers on bikes.  I can't imagine my grandmother on a bicycle in her 60's, though my Dad has been riding one in his 80's - times have changed.

Lots of beautiful fresh vegetables to choose from and we came home with some BC cherries, mini summer squash and I even found a vendor selling Paleo granola.http://instagram.com/p/cCg2RrQhXl/

Dinner was simple but tasty - baked Black Forest ham, sweet potato salad, French green beans with prosciutto and mushrooms.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Print Friendly and PDF